Friday, June 10, 2011

two years




Ed and I just had our two year anniversary. This past Saturday we spent the day in Manhattan to celebrate. We wanted to see a show on Broadway, so we drove in early and got tickets at the TSTK booth in Southside Seaport. It is a beautiful area and a part of NY that I had never been to, so we spent the afternoon walking around, shopping, and stopping periodically for cocktails and appetizers. It was a beautiful day and we found a quaint little park to sit and people watch (which I am told is only something people in the mid-west do :). We found an amazing sushi restaurant in Times Square and then headed across the street to....

This is one of those shows that I had avoided up until now because I thought it was going to be very depressing and difficult to follow. The story was far more interesting than I had expected and the entire thing was absolutely beautiful. Ed knew the story and all of the music (so did the woman who was singing along next to me) but he had never seen the show. Afterwards we went to Pinkberry for frozen yogurt. What a lovely day.

No comments: