Friday, June 17, 2011

Today I run....because they cannot

Yesterday I came home from work early because I was sick. I had gotten an awful cold the day before and had all the fun symptoms that go with it- dizzy, achy, runny nose...you get the idea. All I wanted to do was sleep. I didn't run on Wednesday because I spent the day sleeping. Thursday I came home and knew that I needed to run 2 miles to keep with my 10 miles a day for Tread on Trafficking.

I got dressed, cranked up my workout music, and started down the block. It was not fun and I stopped a few times to walk for a bit for fear of passing out.

The only thing that kept me going was thinking about the stories I have been reading about these young girls being kidnapped, drugged, raped, and held in brothels. My cold suddenly seemed insignificant. The trials I face on a daily basis are nothing compared with what many people go through everyday.

I finished the 2 miles, and I am on my out to do another 2 now.

Today I will run because they cannot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That you for this...inspriring...