Monday, June 13, 2011

love146; The abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation. Nothing less.


The more research I do about sex trafficking, the harder it is to sit still. A while back I heard about love146, an amazing non-profit organization in Connecticut that works to fight child sex trafficking. I encourage you to learn about what they are doing and how they got their name.

They are currently hosting tread on trafficking, "a virtual event that happens across the globe beginning May 1st, 2011. Those who tread on trafficking put their foot down to raise awareness about child sex slavery and funds to care for survivors and those vulnerable to exploitation. Treaders ask sponsors to support them for the number of miles or hours they spend running, swimming, biking, or working out in some form over the eight week period of May & June.  All proceeds raised by those treading benefit the work of Love146."

I have pledged to run 10 miles a week for the next 2 months and am asking people to donate money to love146. If you know me at all, you know I do not run. Ever. Until a month ago, I had never run a single mile without stopping. I can now run 2 miles and am hoping to run a half marathon at the end of the summer. It is not something that comes easy to me, or that I enjoy for that matter. But it is one small thing I can do today to make a difference.


The more I learn about this issue, the harder it is to stay silent. Please consider donating to love146 and help put an end to child sex trafficking. You can donate directly to them through my page here.

No comments: