Monday, March 23, 2009

From the Mouths of Babes

Spending my days with a three year old leads to some humerous moments. Here are some of my favorites.

Carter Quotes:
You live underneath my house?
In 3 minutes
I’m ready for Halloween! (September 18th….)
You can be Spider girl, and I be Spiderman.
You ate two bananas? You a monkey!
Give me a high five, babe!
I love you my strong girl
Holly...where you work?

Carter was in my bathroom while I was getting ready to go out one night (he likes to come down and visit). I was straightening my hair and he asked
C: What that?
H: A hair straightener
C: Why?
H: To make me look pretty….is it working?
C: Nope.

We were getting in the car and he was bounding around in the backseat. I kept saying, “Buckle up, buckle up” as usual and he says, “You say that a lot.” I said yes, why do you think that is? He replies, “Because you know I like those words.”

Carter was making a puppet with his hand and I followed and we were talking with our hand puppets. Then he said, “No, not like that, like mine.” He wanted me to make my hand as small as his!

It was Friday night pizza and a movie and the kids were trying to get Ramsey to stop watching football so they could watch their movie. I was upstairs getting their pajamas on and Suzanne told Carter that he could go kick dad off the TV so they could watch their movie. Carter comes running into the living room and whams Ramsey in the leg with his foot. Ramsey said, “Carter, why did you just kick me?” Carter said, “Mom said to come kick you off TV.” Ramsey didn’t think it was as funny as I did.

Carter was putting on his new socks one morning and asked me if I liked them.
“Yes, they are very nice socks Carter.”
“When you turn 3 you can borrow them.”
“Carter, I’ve already been 3.”
“…..oh, never mind."

My parents came to visit and we were all having dinner together. Ed was here and we were all standing in the kitchen together with Ramsey and Halley. Carter came up to me and said that there were too many people here. I asked him if we should ask some people to leave and he said yes. He said my parents could stay but Ed had to leave. I asked him if he could stay if we went downstairs and he said ok. The next morning at breakfast I told him Kendra was coming over and he got really excited. I asked him why it was ok when Kendra came over but not Ed. He stood up on the chair and with his arms spread apart, yelled, “He here EVERY night!”

I realize how much I ask Carter if he needs to go to the bathroom. Sometimes he forgets so I ask him whenever he is dancing around. He has now caught on and randomly comes up to me and says, “Holly…you need to go potty?”

No comments: