Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mi Familia

Last Friday my parents came from Minnesota to visit for the week! My mom had spring break and was very excited to see where I am living. They flew in Friday afternoon and had a chance to meet my nanny family and hang out with the kids. Saturday Ed and I took them into NYC for the day. Neither of them had ever been there and it was fun to do some touristy stuff. We started at Times Square and stopped at Ellen's Stardust Diner. They have singing waitstaff who are constantly bursting into Broadway Songs. After lunch we went to Rockafellar Center, Ground Zero, China Town, Central Park, and FAO Schwartz.

On Sunday I showed them around Fairfield and they had a chance to come to church with me and meet some of my friends. On Monday they left to go up north to visit Boston, Rhode Island, and Maine. They got stuck in a blizzard and my neighbor was able to get tickets to see David Letterman on Tuesday, so they headed back early. On Tuesday they went into the city with my good friend Kendra to see Letterman. Wednesday we stayed around and they were able to see my average "work day." We made dinner and Ramsey and Suzanne came home early to join us. Friday I took the day off and we went up to Rhode Island to visit Jamestown and Newport. Dad liked the history, mom and I gawked at the mansions on the ocean. It was wonderful to have them come for the week and see my life in Fairfield. My mom is already planning another trip this summer.

No comments: