
Before Christmas my nanny girls had a wine and crocheting night. I have always wanted to learn how to crochet, so I drove up to Westchester. It was a little more complicated than I thought, and I was enjoying the wine more than the crocheting. While home over Christmas I went to visit my old roommate, Joni, who was on bed rest. She helped refresh my memory and by the end of Christmas vacation I had almost finished a scarf. I have since moved on to hats. I asked Halley if I could make her a hat and scarf and she was very excited, especially since they were going to be purple. I was finishing the scarf one evening on the couch and Carter came up to me and said, "Hey! You made Halley hat AND scarf, and me, nothing!" I hadn't considered that he too would like a homemade crocheted hat. But he was very excited and wanted a green hat and an orange scarf. Since they have been finished they wear them all the time, and every time Carter is putting on his hat, he turns to me and says, "Thank you Holly, for my hat!"
No comments:
Post a Comment