Thursday, March 10, 2011

Costa Rica: Days 5&6

On Tuesday morning my dad and Adam got up early to go on a bird hike while mom and I slept in. After breakfast we headed to the Monteverde Tropical Cloud Forest. I was hoping to see monkeys, but we just saw a lot of birds. 
And then more birds.




Mom and I ditched out early to go get ice cream and do some shopping in town. Reading, naps, and relaxing took up the rest of the afternoon. We headed into town for dinner and spent some time walking around Monteverde and enjoying dinner at a local restaurant.

Wednesday morning we got up early to have breakfast and pack for our third destination. It was a three hour car ride west to Flamingo Beach. We stopped only for lunch at an outdoor restaurant and then headed the rest of the way to the beach. The hotel is absolutely magical and I am overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of it. I am glad we saved this resort for last.









No comments: