Thursday, September 10, 2009

school years eve: food and activities

Coming up with school themed food ideas for this party was a lot of fun. I wanted everything to be within the theme and still kid friendly. The party was only 2 hours long, so I also needed games that were entertaining and did not take up a lot of time.
We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that were cut into the shapes of apples, along with carrots and dip and jello jigglers that were in the shapes of apples and stars.



The kids go to an elementary school with a polar bear mascot. I made the cupcakes to look like polar bear faces and polar bear paws.

I made crayons out of pretzels and white chocolate, with paper labels that said things like '2 cool' and 'Back 2 School'. They were displayed in a crayon box.


The theme of the party was "School Years Eve," and was held the day before school started. I made a pinata that was made to look like the New Years Eve Ball, filled with school supplies. The kids also filled out "School Year's Resolutions" with things they wanted to accomplish for the school year.









No comments: