Wednesday, September 2, 2009

getting creative

After a year with the Goodrich family, I have decided to move out and look for another job. It has been a wonderful experience and I am grateful for my time with them, it is time for something new. While looking for a new job I was interested in doing something with my PR degree. I love the idea of event planning, so I thought I would start there. With the current job market, the only thing available to someone in my position is an unpaid internship...so I decided to start my own company. I am going to specialize in children's birthday parties. Thanks to my mom and Janine, the name of my company will be "Namely Holly; celebrations for you and yours." I am quite excited about this new endeavor, wherever it will lead me.

The summer is almost over and the kids are excited to go back to school. They have been out of camp for the past two weeks and I have been eager to keep them entertained. Thanks to all the research I have been doing in regards to party planning, I have come across some cute ideas. Last night we made butterflies for dinner.












We used hotdogs for the butterflies body and crescent rolls cut in half for their wings. The kids painted the wings with a mixture of egg, water, and food coloring. They turned out pretty cute.





No comments: