Ok, so I have been a little slow about keeping up this blog. It seemed like a good idea, but then I actually had to sit down and write something. I like the idea of writing, just not the execution. So....I was fortunate enough to fly home to Minnesota on Christmas Eve. Despite it being Christmas Eve I arrived home on time with baggage in hand. My mother was overjoyed (big surprise) and we made it to Saint Cloud safe and sound. I walked in the front door only to be greeted by a very energetic black lab puppy. My parents had finally gotten another dog. Ladies and gentleman, it was a Christmas miracle. They had gotten her a few weeks back but wanted itThe rest of my time in Minnesota was quite uneventful, as was the trip home. I did end up in the ER after a week back in Connecticut due to stomach unpleasantness. I was severely dehydrated and after 6 hours of vomiting, in desperate need of morphine. After 8 hours in the hospital and a diagnosis of early onset diabetes, I was sent home. I am no doctor, but there is no way I have diabetes. I spent the next two days sleeping and returned to the doctor for more blood work. What do you know, I am not diabetic. My first weekend back Ramsey and Suzanne took the kids to Vermont to go skiing for the long weekend, which meant I had the house to myself. Some friends from church came over Saturday for brunch and guitar hero. Then the nanny girls came Saturday evening for wine and movies. Sunday I met up with some friends at church and we went out for dinner. Kendra stayed over Sunday and on Monday we were bound and determined to go sledding. We ran into a problem when we couldn't find a place to go, people that wanted to go, or sleds. We settled for shopping and dinner with friends. Today school is closed again for a snow day. At least this time it involved snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment