Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tis the Season

This past weekend was again filled with Christmas fun. On Friday night I drove to Briar Cliff Manor in New York to Angela’s house. A few nannies got together to drink wine and learn how to crochet. Angela is very good and said she would try and teach us. Mixing wine with crocheting might not have been the best idea, but we did pretty well. I mastered the slip knot and made an orange square. Whoo-hoo! Scarves, hats, and socks, here I come! On Saturday I accompanied Ramsey, Halley and Carter to find a Christmas tree. We took a tractor ride into the tree fields and spent a considerable amount of time looking for that one perfect tree. Growing up, my grandparents had a Christmas tree farm in northern Minnesota. I remember summers spent brining water out to everyone who was shearing
trees (luckily they quit before I was old enough to help) and winters spent collecting money from people who came to cut down their own tree. They have since let the trees grow but we still cut one down every year for the grand children’s tree. In Ramsey’s mind this made me the Christmas tree expert. Every time he found one that looked good he would ask for my opinion. Did I mention I stayed inside by the fire while people used to cut down trees? We finally found one we both like (I liked them all) and Carter and Halley helped to cut it down. We tagged it, left it in the path to get picked up, and headed for the hot cocoa stand. The tree is now standing proudly in the living room waiting to be decorated.

No comments: