Saturday, December 13, 2008
Christmas Magic in NYC
This past weekend I met up with my nanny friends in New York City for a day of Christmas fun. Our goal was to do as many Christmasy things in the city as humanly possibly in one day. We started our adventure at Pazza Notte, a restaurant that makes wonderful pizza. At lunch we also had a chance to exchange our secret Santa gifts. The rules were as follows; must be under $15, must have green on it, must have red on it, must not be kid friendly, and must be from our nanny town. It was fun to see how everyone interpreted the same set of rules. I chose to ignore the last rule, seeing how Fairfield isn't know for much. I had Chelsea and got her a red and green mosaic candle holder. It was red and green, and children should not play with fire. Erin had me, and I got some red & green candy, a lovely Chappaqua note card, and the movie Love Actually. That movie really isn't that bad, but it does have a lot of nudity so no kids allowed! She followed all the ruels! After lunch we went to Bryant Park to go ice skating. It was very crowded and there were far too many children skating circles around me. I remember myself as being a much better skater, but it was still fun. Alisha is from LA and had never been ice skating before, but by the end she was doing very well. After skating we went to Macy's for hot cocoa and Christmas window displays. We couldn't go to Macy's without seeing Santa. So we went to SantaLand and waited in line to sit on his lap. (top row from left to right: Erin, Meggan, Santa, Chelsea, Lacey; bottom row left to right: Me, Alisha, Hope). Finally we ended the day with a trip to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas Tree. Two years ago on our layover on the way home from Uganda some of us ventured into the city to see the tree. We found it about 2am and it was not lit up. Big disapointment. So now I have seen it in all its glory! After dinner we headed home on the Metro. It was a lovely day and it is starting to feel like Christmas, despite that there is still no snow here yet. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! What a day you put in! I'm glad that when you listed everyone you included Santa! Thanks for doing this Holly. Can't wait to see you on the 24th!
I was also going to mention that I found it amusing that you labeled Santa in the picture, but your mom beat me to it! :)
Also - 2 years ago when we flew into NYC? So crazy!
Love you!
Post a Comment