Friday, November 2, 2012

High Five for Friday

1. Kay came to visit last weekend. She was working in Hartford and then consulting in Arlington. Conveniently enough, I now live in Arlington, so she stayed with me for the weekend and the early part of the week.

2. I finally have Virginia license plates. They are quite dull, but at least I am a law-abiding citizen again.

3. I'm getting roommates! After having my second bedroom available on a few church roommate sights, I had been getting responses from married couples (seriously, everyone?) and a few women who couldn't move in until December or January. IJM offers a 3 month internship program 3 times a year, and they are responsible for finding their own rooms. It had occurred to me that I could rent to interns instead of finding a long-term roommate. I already have 2 girls who will be moving in with me in January.

4. We survived the hurricane! Thanks to Sandy, the Federal Government shut down Monday and Tuesday, which means I didn't go into work. But I had a super productive 2 days that involved painting a wall in my living room (thanks Kendra), buying a new bunk bed on Craigslist, catching up on laundry, organizing, and cleaning. Not bad for a hurricane.

5. I'm going to Connecticut for Thanksgiving! Just booked my train ticket, and I'm excited to see some friends and rescue the rest of my furniture (Kendra and I will be renting a small U-haul and driving back to DC).

No comments: