Saturday, November 12, 2011

Provision

For the past few weeks I have had a lot of anxiety about going to California. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly excited for this opportunity to work with Not For Sale and pursue my passion. But let's be honest, I live a very comfortable life. I have a good job (which I just quit), lots of great friends (whom I am leaving), a nice savings account (which will most likely be gone at the end of this) and a wonderful boyfriend (who is not coming with me).

The fact that I am leaving a good paying job to volunteer for 6 months with no guarantee of a job when I am finished is overwhelming. I had been very anxious about this for the past few weeks and been praying that God would provide during this time. God has placed this passion on my heart and led me to this decision, I just wasn't sure how it was going to work out. The fellowship 'program costs' are not being charged this year, but I still have to worry about paying $700 a month in rent, along with insurance, gas, and groceries.

Last night I got a call from Keturah, who is the woman at NFS who assists with the fellowship program. She told me that after looking at their budget, NFS is no longer charging rent to fellows. I could hardly believe it. Here I was, worrying about how I was going to afford this, when God took away my housing costs for the next 6 months.

Amazing.

No comments: