Monday, September 20, 2010

the big e

This weekend some friends and I drove to Massachussettes for the big e! It is basically the state fair for New England. Having grown up going to the Minnesota State Fair, I went in with high expectations. The Big E is about 1/3 the size and there is no dairy building, which means there are no malts. And it took a really long time to find the only stand that sold cheese curds. Seriously!

We spent the day eating and going on the ferris wheel and the really big swings. I discovered an app for my phone that lets me take pictures that look like old polaroids. How cool is this!


The swings were impressively high...

Ed does not like heights. I was really excited. He is making an "f" with his hand, for "fail."

Jen and Kendra were in front of us, and more excited than my seat partner.

They were laughing and having fun high up in the air...

I was laughing because every time we dropped down someone thought the ride was breaking and we were going to fall to our death. Notice the grip on that hand rail :)

On the ferris wheel





No comments: