Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chasing Sunshine

My roommate, AnnaLena, is from Sweden and currently interning at IJM. I don't know if that's relevant, but it turns our she's an amazing photographer. I asked her to take new head shots for elevencupcakes, and before I knew it I was tromping through the Maryland woods in heels at sunset. We drove around Saturday afternoon waiting for magic hour, or at least the best place in the woods to photograph at sunset. I got a lot of awkward looks from hikers passing by, but that's really nothing new. I felt more natural in heels than I did standing in muddy leaves dodging twigs and branches.

She hasn't edited my head shots yet, but here are a few from Saturday. The last 3 remind me of Tinker-bell in Hook, or at least how I think Tinker-bell would feel is she were life-size and living in the woods of Maryland, wearing heels of course. You can see all of AnnaLena's work here










No comments: