Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Linus's Gift

I had been tying to think of something special to give Linus for Christmas for a while. I finally came up with the idea to make him a storybook, using 'If You Give a Mouse a Cookie' as my inspiration. It took forever to finish (no joke, it's all I did for an entire weekend), but I am super excited to give it to him.

First, I re-wrote the story to be about him and our day-to-day activities. Next I took a picture of everything (usually with the timer on).


Then I uploaded the pictures and turned them into sketches.


I printed the sketches and colored them in by hand. This was by far the most time-consuming part.

Then I scanned the colored sketches back onto my computer and added the words.

Then I uploaded all the pages to shutterfly and made a storybook.



Here are a few of the pages :)





1 comment:

Erin said...

This is so sweet!! what a perfect gift. :)