Sunday, September 25, 2011

custom jewelry box

A while back I saw a tutorial on how to make a wooden suitcase into a jewelry box. I spent months looking for a wooden briefcase at thrift stores with no luck. I finally went back and read the full tutorial to learn that the wooden briefcase was actually a wooden art box. Three art stores later and I found one. 


The art box

Inside the art box. There were already sections in it!

I used a small drill bit to drill holes into the top of the box. Then I added fish screws to hang necklaces and bracelets from. The earrings are hanging from white lollypop sticks. I just fit them in tight (no adhesive) and wasn't sure if they would stay, but so far so good.


I used vinyl to cut out letters and added them to the front of the box.

No comments: