Wednesday, January 6, 2010

gobble gobble, ho ho ho, and welcome 2010!

I realize it has been a while since my last post. Here is a quick update of what has been going on in my life over the last few months...

The weekend before Thanksgiving Stamford had a huge parade with lots of large balloon animals. Some friends met for breakfast and then we headed over to see more than 60 large balloons and 30 marching bands. Here were some of my favorites.






This year I spent Thanksgiving with Ed's family. Last year my plans changed at the last minute and I spent Thanksgiving on the Goodrich's couch eating Boston Market. This year was much better. Thursday night Ed and I headed upstate to the outlet mall that was opening at 10pm. We got some crazy good deals and were done by midnight. The traffic was backed up about 2 miles going into the mall when we were leaving. Crazy crazy people.
Ed's sister just got a puppy. Bailey and I bonded on Thanksgiving.

I planned a day of Christmas fun in New York City and was amazed when 15 people ended up coming. Emily was in town that weekend so she got to come along for the holiday festivities as well. We all had lunch at a local Italian restaurant, then headed to see the tree at Rockafellar. Afterwards we got hot chocolate and went to look at the window displays at Macy's. We were supposed to go ice skating but it had rained the entire day. We opted instead to watch the people who were ice skating wipe out on the ice and get soaked.


In December I moved from Stamford to a house in Bridgeport. We have lots of plans for paint and non-hotel room looking furniture. This is what it currently looks like.




I was able to go home for 2 weeks over Christmas. It was wonderful to see my family and be back where there is snow. So much snow that my dad built a snowman :)

Christmas Eve was spent with Kay and Dan at our house.


I spent 4 days in the Dominican Republic with my employers. They were vacationing there and I went to hang out with Linus. They had rented a ten bedroom house with full cooking and cleaning staff. It was kind of ridiculous. The only time I have ever been abroad has been spent at orphanages and poverty stricken Africa. This was quite different.




I flew in on New Years Eve in time to make it to my birthday party. Ed told me he would throw me a New Years Eve/25th birthday party and we had it at my new house. I made it in time and it was great to finally be back in Connecticut. He did a wonderful job and I might even consider hiring him as my event planning assistant someday :)




No comments: